Monday, December 3, 2007

Holiday Cookie Exchange

Join the Make Mine Pink Bloggers for a Christmas Cookie Exchange. Starting December 3 and throughout the week. Just go to http://makeminepink.blogspot.com/ and you will find all the Make Mine Pink bloggers who are sharing their recipes.
My favorite cookie for the holidays is one that my grand-mother use to make when I was little. We call it the Spritz cookie and it is made using a cookie press. The press has all different types of designs that you can use. There really is no need to decorate these dainty cookies but as a child we always liked to sprinkle colored sugar or the multi-colored sprinkles. I hope you enjoy these and please leave me a note and tell me what your favorite holiday cookie is.


Recipe
Makes 2 dozen to 3 dozen cookies

1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
3 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Colored sanding sugar
Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, flour, salt, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.

Fill a cookie press with the dough, and turn out cookies 1 to 2 inches apart onto an unbuttered baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with colored sanding sugars.

Bake until the cookies are lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.
Now just enjoy! These are wonderful given as a sweet gift.
Don't forget about our Christmas Extraganza at
From December 3rd to December 9th you
can receive 15% off
by just entering the word SPECIAL
at checkout.
I wish all of you a very happy holiday!

7 comments:

BumbleVee said...

For Christmas... sugar cookies are still my fav... cut into shapes and of course...lightly sprinkled with colours. Call me old fashioned, and, in a way... I guess that is exactly why they still have the most appeal. A tradition...

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Thank you Michele for the cookie recipe. For some reason I am just not good at making those pressed cookies. I think my favorite Christmas cookie is the wedding cookie. They just melt in your mouth. ~ Lynn

Janet Bernasconi said...

Yummy! Michele those cookies look so good! I love the recipe you posted and will definitely try it!
Love your blog too. :-)
XOXO
Janet

Amy @ The Cottage Gate said...

Hi Michele,

These cookies are special because of the memories and nostalgia behind them, and they look yummy too!! - my cookies on my blog are the same way. Thanks for sharing!

Amy

Kathy ~ Shabby Roses said...

Hi Michele,
Mmmmm...these cookies look so yummy!
Any kind of cookie is ok with me, I'm not fussy at all!!
Kathy :)

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS ... said...

Your little cookies remind me of the lovely biscuits we saw when visiting Germany last Christmas, it seems to be a tradition over there, as well as in your house. x

Stephanie said...

Oh, spritz cookies are my favorite, too. We always make the spiral, tree, & snowflake ones! Lots of fun memories over the years making these with my daughter & now my granddaughter!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents